Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Sunday, 16 November 2008

Which girl doesn't like shopping? I love shopping too.
But not when I have to walk and walk the whole day and can't find anything to buy because they are either not suitable for me, or they are nice but overpriced.
When shopping, the greatest satisfaction i get is when i buy things i like at relatively low prices, like:
- four cardigans for less than S$30
- three leather bags for less than S$100
- white jacket for work for less than S$10
- flats at S$6-S$10
all in HK and Guangzhou.
-3 belts, 2 scarves, a pair of heels, a pair of flats at US$70 from Forever21 website. (purchases which I just made 10mins ago)
- good quality vests from Bebe at S$30-$50 during the Summer sale in US
- US$3-5 t-shirts from aeropostale
etc, etc, etc.

I think branded goods are nice. I love the burberry leather and print. I love the shape of the LV Speedy bag. But I don't buy them partly cos I dun think i can carry it off. Whats the point of carrying them when i dun dress up and rather go out in shorts, berms and flats.. so off man. Plus I guess I am more indulgent when it comes to food and holidays.

I don't necessary go for really expensive food, cos seriously i am not a fan of fine dining. Tried Aqua at Hong Kong and The Cliff in Singapore, where a meal for two goes up to >S$200. I just think its not really worth the money. I rather spend S$50 on good chilli crab or salmon sashimi (or anything Japanese). Ok, maybe I am just not that a big lover of French cuisine, where food are served in small portions and you have to eat with grace and pace.. i think i prefer a hearty wholesome meal. And I am already happy that I get to eat my favourite Jap food every week, hehe.

I splurge too when it comes to holidays. Spa retreats, beach holidays, city getaway, or a nature tour, in Singapore or overseas. After having tried staying in hostels, I think travel should be a luxurious. Unless you are going for a backpacking trip in SEA la. Yea! Going away soon with several girlfriends come December. And Ah C and me booked a spa getaway at the Sentosa Spa and Resort, again! It is not cheap but I think its worth it for the kind of services and facilities they provide.

Anyway, things are not going very smoothly in my job. I guess it was nv what i wanted - to be doing finance. I had wanted to go to Shatec to study culinary after my 'A' levels, but i stupidly decided to follow what everyone was going - get a degree. Now I regret. Because I have wasted 4 years going for something that I wasn't passionate about. That I did not realise a career is what makes up a big part of your life (because you spend 5 out of 7 days, or maybe more, at it) and if you don't love your job, everything is going to suck, because its going to affect your mood, its going to affect your daily life.

I am going to make a change, probably. But it won't be on impulse, it won't be out of rashness. I am going to think properly, plan properly. I am not in the position to just quit my job and earn a income of 1.5k at another job. But I will be working my way to do what I want... Le Cordon Bleu, wait for me!

No comments: