Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Thursday, 17 April 2008

Hong Kong Dec 2006

On board SIA to Hong Kong!


Ocean Park Hong KongMy relative! Cos I look like panda...






The Peak
As we went there on Christmas eve, there was a long queue to take the tram up. We decided to buy the express ticket to avoid the queue.. cos the queue was REALLY REALLY long. Anyway, what was interesting was that the tram moves at an inclined angle of 45 degrees. Come to think of it, nothing very special also la.





Madam Tussad Wax Museum





Seafood at Sai Kung
We got a set meal at about HK$350 (S$70). 5 dishes finished by the two of us! Cheese lobster pasta, Fried Sotong, Fried fish in tomato sauce, Spring Onion Crab and Stir fried vegetable (not in picture). Hmm, it was really not bad. Gosh I am drooling already...




Dim Sum at Chao Lou (Tsim Sha Tsui)
The dim sum was good and reasonably priced. Spent about HK$150 (S$30) for 7 items, which made us really really full - 3 Chao siew bao, 4 ha gau, 2 rice rolls, 2 pieces of carrot cake, 3 fu pi juan, steamed pork ribs and dessert!



AQUA
Our expensive dinner on Christmas day. Love the ambience, but hate the price.
We sat facing the harbour and had a clear view of the Symphony of Lights.

I love bread served before a meal in French cuisine, especially those that comes with a variety of dips, and may actually prefer it to the main course.

Cod fish with squid ink sauce.

some pasta thingy.

My favourite dessert, molten chocolate cake! Think this was the best I ever had.

To me, Hong Kong is
very much like Singapore.
Their Harbour City Shopping Mall is like Vivocity.
Nu Ren Jie is like Chinatown.
Fa Yuen Street (for sportswear) is like Queensway shopping centre.
Lan Kwai Fong is pretty much like Boat Quay/Clarke Quay.
You can get good dim sum, sea food, pastries in Singapore as well.
We also have cha chan teng.
The Peak? Go Mount Faber lo. Jewel In the Box very pretty also.
Shopping? Hmm Singapore also got many places to shop. Can find cheap buys also what.
Hong Kong may be one of my least favourite places I have visited to date. Nevertheless, I had pretty good food(though the food itself is not enough to bring me back to the place in the near future, unless its free or I am accompanying my parents) and it was still an experience.






No comments: