Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Sunday, 5 October 2008

Shanghai Grand

This year's theme is Shanghai Grand and many people dressed up to the theme! At the entrance of the Swissotel the Stamford, we were greeted by ladies in beautiful cheongsam, men in trenchcoat with cashmere scrarves around their neck. There were also others who were more fun, coming in white shirts and pants with suspenders, and these include girls!

My Ning gal.. who did wore a cheongsam in the end! Her black/red cheongsam was very pretty and her hair was nicely done. And not to forget her dramatic lashes... Ning, you looked really good that night!

Emily wore a very beautiful short, fitting, golden cheongsam which is see-through around the chest area.. so sexy leh! According to her, the cheongsam is not cheap and we wouldn't want to know the price.. and she refuses to tell us!
Evelyn and Sam Yee. Both of their cheongsams were simple, but reasonably short to show off their nice legs! And they are always so fun-loving!

Chui Ling and Vivien. Everyone has different ways to go with the theme. And lovely Vivien did her hair the Shanghai-style, with the waves and curls. Very pretty and outstanding! She looked so different I couldn't recognise her initially!
Even Meenal wore a 'qi-pao' top!

The rest of us have our ways of sticking to the theme 'as much as possible'.
Mandy wore a black satin dress and was armed with a paper fan bought during her recent Japan trip.
Clara wore a little black dress with flowery laced sleeves.
And me, I wore my red, flowery dress with black leggings and accessorised my arm with a jade bangle my brother got from Shanghai two weeks ago.


This year I was rather thrifty for the DND. Did make-up myself and decided not to do my hair. The only thing I spent on was my black stockings, which unfortunately had a useful life of only 6 hours because I was too rough and overstretched it while putting it on! =(

I think gals look really good in Cheongsam and may consider getting it for Ah C's Ring Dance in US next year!

No comments: