Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Second overseas assignment - Dongguan, China

I am leaving on a jet plane...

In another 9 hours time, I will be on the plane to Guangzhou in China!

First time going overseas (exclude JB la) for work (ok, work and travel doesn't count either. i mean serious work.).. really dunno what to expect. The whole job seems so daunting! Though I am prepared to be culturely shocked- the people, the food, the formalities - after my manager briefed us yesterday. Having to converse in mandarin to the client, memorising technical accounting terms in chinese... totally driving me crazy. I haven't taken Chinese since Sec 4!

I was packing my luggage just two hours back, its so different from going on a holiday! Have to bring two pairs of heels, sports shoes (should i get a chance to go running) and slippers, and wearing sneakers there; blazer for presentation on the last day; work stuff - documents and a whole big pack of stationeries; food eg. 2-in-1 coffee powder, milo sachets, chocolates, cheese biscuits - apparently all got milk one so cannot eat those made in china; make up and skin care products (cos i m getting old, must really take care liao)... I hope I have some space for my shopping when I come back!

I am so going to miss the things here I bet. Especially my sushi, sandwiches and my bed.

Take good care everyone! I will be back in no time.

No comments: