Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Saturday, 6 September 2008

When do you consider a person successful?
Standing out in her career, getting praises from employers ?
Earning much more than her fellow peers?
Exceling in other areas besides her own job?
If so, then I would say that I am very unsuccessful.

Back then in school, things were much simpler and better:
getting the highest score in class for various subjects,
getting into the first team of netball/basketball/softball,
getting 8 A1s in 'O' levels,
representing the school in inter-school competitions, be it academic or CCA.
Ya, I may not be a scholar or a player in any national sports team, but whatever I tried, I did well.

Now, its just so difficult. At work, I am really just an average worker. Not a fast worker, not technically well-versed with all the standards, not a wonderful presentation speaker. Played several CPA games and I realised I am much slower nowadays, no longer having that burst of energy. Where did all my energy go to? Many people have commented that I look tired on many many occasions - but I dun work late and I have adequate sleep every night. I also find myself isolating from people. I feel myself falling into this pit and struggling to get out. As much as I want to do well, i don't see myself performing.

This being said,
do people need to be successful to be happy?
Will I be happier if lived life one step at a time, do a job I love (which may not earn much), lead a simple everyday life, and go travelling as and when I want with whatever money I have?

No comments: