Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Saturday, 13 September 2008

First overseas assignment

First overseas assignment!! Johor only la...

I was there for 5 days to count inventory of metals!
Though the warehouses were rather dirty and walking between stacks of metals was quite dangerous, I had a great time because the client was VERY nice and I had fun seniors with me!

On monday, we checked into Mutiara hotel, which was located just beside Holiday plaza in JB. We each had a room to ourselves and the room was big! Not too bad! The buffet breakfast was better than expected (of a JB hotel) with a variety of american breakfast, chinese porridge, japanese breakfast, breads and cereals etc.


After a tiring first day, we settled down at a Hong Kong cafe in Holiday Plaza for dinner... i spent just RM11 for a bowl of wanton noodles and iced yuan yang, cheap!
And these were what my 2 seniors ordered..

One of my seniors, Angela. She was not on the same job as me, but we were there in the same week and stayed in the same hotel, so we get to hang around together after work. She came with another senior Rachel, who went back to sg to celebrate her boyfriend's bday and hence did not join us.

This entire trip was like a beauty and body wellness vacation for us. Especially for Angela la!

On the first day, 3 of us went for pedicure/manicure at a shop called Summer Nails, which I would recommend cos both their service and skills are good. [Classic mani at RM25, classic pedi for RM35, and both for RM55.]

On day two, the two seniors on the other job went for pedicure/manicure (again!!). Angela did manicure the previous day, and decided to do pedicure too!

On the third day, the same two seniors went for hair treatment and hair cut, and then two of us went to join them for Thai foot massage. After standing for 3 whole days for the stock count, the massage was super shiok! [RM45 for a hour]

As we were a bit behind schedule, we got another senior to come help us out on Thursday. Her name is Zhenyu, a very sweet girl! That night, we went for Thai foot massage.. again! Melissa (front) and Zhenyu(back) at the foot massage...

Then we went to have sushi at Sushi King, a sushi chain in Malaysia. Hmm.. dun bother to try it out la =P.

After 4.5 days of standing, walking, climbing on metals and standing on the fork lift and doing lots of mental calculations, we finally we finished counting 9 warehouses of metal. YEAH!

We finished early on Friday and the client brought us to this famous, crowded place for bak kut teh, it was really good and cheap! We also had vege, tofu and fish, they were simple yet super yummy cos of the sauces. My client says that during weekends, this place is filled with Singaporeans. I would want to recommend you all to try this place out, but I seriously dunno where it is and how to get here.

After the meal, we went back to the hotel to have a quick shower and check out, deposit our luggage with the concierge and headed to Holiday Plaza for our last round of pampering.
The night before, as I was flipping through magazines, I felt like doing somethine to my black boring black, straight hair. Told Melissa the next day and she had the same thought as me! So.... we went to the salon to highlight our hair! And Zhenyu did her Shisedo 5-step hair treatment.
We bought dragon beard candy and haha, took a picture against the backdrop of a pirated DVD shop. Anyway, she very cute right!!
My streaks of red hair...

Looking forward to my next overseas job already! I hope they dun re-schedule my job leh.. I want to go Beijing!

No comments: