Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Bibimbap with bulgogi chicken

I realised that I haven't been eating much vege lately, partly because I only know how to cook vege with oyster sauce and I can't eat that all the time, and even back in sg, other than vege in oyster sauce, my other source of vege was mainly yong tau foo, which I can't really make due to the lack of fresh fish here.

I always thought bibimbap is one of the healthier korean food options due to the amount of vegetables that goes into it - carrots, beansprouts, cucumbers, spinach etc so I decided to make bibimbap with the gochujang (hot pepper bean paste) I bought from the korean market the other day!

So first, marinate the chicken meat (I use chicken thigh) in
1 tbsp of gochujang
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of chinese cooking wine
3 cloves garlic
1 quarter white onion
1 tbsp sugar
for 1-3hours.

Different recipes you find online will ask for different ingredients (spring onions, honey, red pepper flakes etc) but I just made do with what I have. It still turned out great!

Gochujang

In the meantime, cut the vegetables (carrot, beansprouts -which is freaking expensive here, cucumber and green cabbage) into thin strips..


Once the meat is done with the marination process, heat oil in frying pan and stir fry the marinated chicken till fully cooked.


Now time to arrange all the items on the plate! Scoop a portion of rice into the centre of the plate and arrange the cut vegetables and cooked chicken around the rice.Top off the chicken with a sprinkle of toasted white sesame seeds. Finish up the masterpiece with a fried egg on top of the rice!


Serve with extra gochujang and sesame oil if desired. Its yums! :)

No comments: