Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Monday, 25 July 2011

Vietnamese food - Lemongrass Bistro

Last night before I went to bed, I was thinking about food - this Vietnamese restaurant which I have visited twice, once in 2009 and once in 2010, in Colorado Springs.

It was the best Vietnamese food that I have ever had!

Lemongrass bistro
6840 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, USA

Hanoi Chicken Wings - in hot and spicy sauce
The sauce is sweet and spicy - similar to the rodeo wings served in swensons but the batter used to fry the wings is thicker, the sauce is tastier and hence this is overall better!

Grilled pork spring rolls
Nowhere have i eaten Vietnamese spring rolls served with such generous amount of grilled pork. Despite the amount of meat there is, as it is wrapped with vermicelli and lettuce in steamed rice paper, it was still light and refreshing.

Chicken pho
(just for info, pho is pronounced as 'fur', not 'foe', with a descending tone)
served with Vietnamese basil, lime and bean sprouts


Grilled pork bun
consisting of old rice vermicelli mixed with fresh vegetables and topped with hot barbecued pork. Served with nuoc cham sauce — light, lowfat, healthy and cool.

Fried hor fun
A slightly sweet version of char kway teow

As Ah C eats here every other week when he was studying in C Springs, he was pretty good friends with the owners, who are native Vietnamese. They are really friendly and sweet and I had such a great time eating there!

I might be going back to C Springs again during thankgiving break and i am excited! Its funny but I am looking forward to eating at Lemongrass Bistro more than skiing!I love Vietnamese cuisine and I wished we had some better ones in Singapore.. =/

No comments: