Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Sunday, 17 July 2011

True friends do not judge

its been three months since i am apart from Ah C (again) and when I am see him in September, it would have been five months! So i am really looking forward to moving over and spending the next one year (and many more!) with him.

That being said, I am thankful for all the great friends who have been by my side when Ah C was not around. Thank you for meeting every now and then even though we are separated by distance, have taken different paths in our lives, have new friends and our own lives to live.

These people, to me, are genuinely true friends, friends who are genuinely happy for me when they learn that i am joining Ah C in the States. They are the ones who understand the long distance relationship which i have gone through for the last few years and how important it is to me that I am finally able to join him. They are not the ones who just looks at the surface of things and start judging my choice.

A happy and fulfilling life holds different definition for different people. Some people are happy having a well-paid job and being able to afford the tangible luxuries in life. Some people's jobs are their passion but it may not be the best-paid job he/she is capable of. Some people give up a better paid job simply because he/she wants more personal time to do things he/she likes. Hence, no one is in the position to judge another person's lifestyle. Ultimately, only you are responsible for the path you choose.

It also appears to me that a person who constantly judge others' life are truly the ones who are not satisfied with what they have, and are truly the unhappy ones.

No comments: