Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Singapore VS Texas

After hearing that I am moving to the US with Ah C for one year, the common response was "Won't you be bored there"?

That went through my mind too . All alone there, with husband at work in the day, and all my friends thousands of miles away. But I began to think into detail the differences between my life here in Singapore and the life I would be leading in the States.

Singapore

In Singapore, I wake up at 7.30am (sometimes earlier to throw in some exercises), takes 45minutes to get ready for work and another 45mins-1hour to travel to work. I work from 9am to 6pm, and sometimes later. Considering i leave work at 6.30pm and takes another 45mins - 1hour to travel home. I will reach home at 7.30pm approximately.

There you go. I spend 12 hours a day on some work-related activities. If I spend 8 hours sleeping a day, it means I have 5 hours left each day, which approximately breaks down to:

If I went home after work:
- 0.5 hours showering
- 0.5 hours for dinner
- 2 hours on the internet
- maybe another 1 hour reading a book or stoning

If I went out after work:
- 2 hours have dinner
- 0.5 hours showering
- 2 hours on the internet/reading a book

Texas

I make breakfast
Have breakfast with my husband
Read the papers
Hit the gym
Make lunch
Self-Study Japanese/French
Bake
Read a book
Look for new recipes to try for dinner
Cycle to the supermarket
Make dinner
Have dinner with my husband
Watch a movie in the couch together

12 hours of doing something that I have no passion for. Versus 12 hours of doing things I totally enjoy. Which is more boring?

No comments: