Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Saturday, 7 November 2009

sat with mum

30 Oct (Fri) dinner: Itacho Sushi
31 Oct (Sat) dinner: Itacho Sushi
5 Nov (Thu) lunch: Itacho Sushi
7 Nov (Sat) lunch: Itacho Sushi

4 visits to Itacho Sushi in 8 days!

Today I brought my mum to Orchard Ion to show her around the latest, hippest shopping mall. Haha, I actually quite like the place, cos there are many shops and... there is a lot of nice food around!

We headed first to Itacho Sushi for lunch. It is a very famous sushi chain in Hong Kong and they have arrived to set up a branch in Singapore. Staff in the restaurant speak mainly Cantonese among themselves because many of them are from Hong Kong and they are here in Singapore to help with the start-up. Yummy! The food is really good! And very reasonsably priced.

Next stop is Bread Society. Once, I bought these cheese and cranberry buns from the bakery and she loved it.. she ate 6 buns in a day! First time she ate so much of a food that I buy, haha! Yeaps anyway I love the bread there simply because the breads are really soft. And yea, we bought the cheese and cranberry bun again.

We shopped around and I brought her to B4 to look around the food stores. We ordered these takoyaki balls from Gindaco. Another delicious must-try at Ion! Love it because the "skin" is crsipy on the outside and not too starchy. Close fight with the ones I had in Osaka. But beware, the queue is usually very long!

Haha the food tour didn't stop there.. as I urged her to try the tea from Tea Loft. Very smooth, and the taste of the tea is not overwhelmed by the condensed/evaporated milk, which is a usual problem with the tea from many coffee chains nowadays. But a cup here costs a whopping $1.70, about $0.30 more than that in coffee chains such as Ya Kun and Toastbox.

We ended the (food-)eventful day by dropping by Imperial Treasure Teochew Restaurant to da-bao the Liu Sha (Custard) buns. We had that last week in the restaurant and it was REALLY GOOD. The hot custard, with the fragrance of the salted egg yolk ,oozes out when you bite into them. Best custard bun I have ever eaten!

Some much eating and shopping with my mum... what a wonderful day! =D

No comments: