Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Friday, 4 May 2012

On Monday, my S Club girls (from st nicks) were on whatsapp talking about where to have high tea on their labour day meet up (of cos I can't be there) so i recommended them to try Fosters' (at Holland V) english high tea set. This reminded myself of their yummy scones and homemade fruit preserve. The next day I went online to search for some recipes and found out that both fruit preserve and scones are really easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Fruit preserve - fresh fruits (i used strawberries), sugar and lemon juice. Scones - flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, egg, milk/cream, some dried fruits (i used dried cranberries). I had everything in my house so there is nothing really stopping me from making some.

Mixing strawberries (washed, hulled and cut) with sugar and some lemon juice. Then boil it, mash it and simmer it until it thickens.


 Here's what you get.. then refrigerate it.

Freshly baked cranberry scones.
They could look nicer if I had a circular cookie cutter. But I don't, so I used my hand to shape it. The spouses from our class came over for dinner so I served these as desserts after the meal. It was great to see them enjoying the goodies. These are definitely going onto the menu when we have high tea at my house next time!

No comments: