Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Sunday, 27 February 2011

Universal Studios Singapore

Because of the reopening of the ride Battlestar Galactica, I deecided to go Universal Studios Singapore - I am glad I did!

The ride was AWESOME. It is a pair of dueling roller coasters (apparently the highest dueling roller coasters to date) - you can choose to take the red-coloured HUMAN or blue-coloured CYLON. The two coasters set off and return at the same time, with a few near-collision points during the ride.

With your legs allowed to hang freely, CYLON is a inverted coaster, featuring zero-g roll, cobra roll, corksrew and vertical loops.

HUMAN does not have any inversions. But it uses leg straps, hence giving your upper body total upper movement.

I actually prefer the Cylon for the inversions, loops, and corkscrews. But HUMAN gives the most g-forces feels, especially in its first drop.

All in all, I think USS is not the same without Battlestar Galactica. Unless you are a child, the other rides are kind of boring. The merchandise stores and restaurants also does not offer anything that will make u stop and give a second look. I have been to Universal Studios Osaka and overall, I think it is better.

Also having been to Walt Disney World in Orlando (with 4 theme parks and 2 water parks), Disneyland in Anaheim, Disneyland and Disneysea in Tokyo, Cedarpoint in Ohio, Seaworld in Orlando, I would highly recommend Cedarpoint for its roller coasters (http://xiulingafterschool.blogspot.com/2007/07/best-rides-taken-in-cedarpoint.html) and Epcot in WDW Orlando for the experience.

But if you are in Singapore, I think Battlestar Galactica is not a ride to be missed.

No comments: