Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Saturday, 1 August 2009

Hospitality and tourism in Singapore

Ubin seems like its a rather popular place for Singaporeans, cos three of the guys met their friends there. How coincidental can it get?

I also noticed a trend of more people spending their weekends at the nature trails att bukit timah, hsbc tree top walk etc... think Singapore really getting more and more boring. Its true, though I am a Singaporean and I should be proud of what we have, but the tourist attractions in Singaporea really pale in comparison to other countries.

Just a week before Ubin, Ah C and I accompanied his younger sis to spend a at Sentosa. We went to the Cineblast for the new "Desperado" big-screen video game and "extreme log ride", damn horrible la.

1) First, must wait very long, like 45mins for the log ride

2) the service horrible + terrible +atrocious

3) the system got major problem - the ride stopped for three times because they claimed someone removed their seatbelt, when apparently no one did. Because they said someone in our car removed seatbelt, and the 6 of us in our car stared at each other innocently.... like what the hell.

4) the ride was neither extreme nor thrilling nor fun - even Ah C's 10-year old sister who hasn't taken a roller coaster before said so

5) the stupid ride costs $16 for 10mins (i rather pay $70 to go disneyland/universal studios/seaworld/cedarpoint for one whole day and take over 10 MUCH BETTER rides)

And we went spent $8 each to go up to the Merlion. Hmm to see a lot of trees. Waste of $$.

And I also totally don't recommend anyone to take the Singapore Flyer. I went there about a year ago during one of our CG (company) outing. The ride up was still ok, though there is really nothing much to see cos the IR is still in construction. I was dying the ride down cos its so boring.I definitely would't pay $30 for that ride, maybe until the IR is up. I am so glad I didn't pay for that ride.

Some time back, a visiting intern from Hong Kong asked me where I can recommend her to go to. Sure, a lot of 'tourist attractions' came to my mind. But as I was thinking through to give a more valued opinion, it struck me that there is nothing I could really recommend.

Forget about the 'tourist attractions' if you come visit Singapore. Just go to the cultural sites such as Chinatown and Little India, and eat the food I say!

No comments: