Pyrenees

Pyrenees

Thursday, 2 April 2009

looking forward

Life has been pretty good this entire week... and i must say, life is pretty good for an associate in IA generally.

I cannot imagine myself becoming an AM, having to do field work, having to do planning, having to write reports, having to jungle several jobs at one time... worst of all, having to bring work home to do, having to work on weekends. I would want to draw a clear line between work and rest, between working hours and non-working hours. after work, i would want to have a good dinner, watch tv, catch a movie, read a book etc etc. i would never wish to go home and continue working. What kind of life will it be if i have to work 15hours a day?? i was not born to work 2/3 of my life away..... unless i am really enjoying my work and treat my work as my passion, as my hobby and i get fulfilment from it.
haha does that sound very '没有志气' to you?

though work has been rather ok for me, i still look forward to plenty of things. First and foremost, of cos it will be my US trip. Gosh, just 6weeks more only! i cant wait to shop (till i drop), visit Napa Valley for wine, eat at my fav Cheesecake Factory, go for Ring Dance (in my tailor-made Cheongsam), go on board Royal Carribean cruise and out to Carribean sea... and of cos spend time with my dear! i can't wait to see him... it has been such a long time.....

I have been waiting for three years... i sure look like i m totally used to it but in fact, each time he leaves, i never fail to tear when sending him off and it was always a new cycle of learning to adapt life without him around. i am getting a little bit impatient and hope the final year passes quickly, so that he will be back to spend time with me...and we can move on with our plans as soon as possible!

i look forward to our wedding, and is now constantly going through packages, reviews, pictures and food menus of various hotels and restaurants to shortlist several venues. the cost is important, so is the food (to me) and we really have to figure out how to strike a balance. when he's back in june, we will start going for physical sightings of the shortlisted venues!

we intend to get our house by next year too! i cant wait to have our home - my kitchen island for me to do my baking, cosy sofa area with all sorts of entertainment for friends to come over and chill... sipping wine and chit-chatting... argh, can't wait.

and then flying off to aussie/france/canada/us with dear for his various flying trainings... where i will go learn different languages, enrol in patisserie and professional wine courses, and come back to singapore eventually to set up my long-awaited cafe! maybe also to have children and get all my children double citiznship, haha!

eventually i would really love to migrate to another country, where climbing the corporate ladder and material things are not so important.

i really look forward to OUR very colourful life together, even though i cant say for sure that all will materialise... but i am hopeful! =)

No comments: